After consultation and discussion with our greens staff, we are pleased to announce a winter golf trial period regarding the use of mats.
Here are the details:
* The trial will run to 31st December 2019 and will be reviewed at that date.
* Preferred lies can be taken on the fairway and play without mats up to 100 yards from the green.
* Mats may still be used from the fairways if players prefer.
* Mats MUST be used from 100 yards in towards and around the greens.
* 100 yard marker posts will be placed in the centre of appropriate fairways.
* All divots must be replaced.
Course condition will be reassessed at 31st December and a decision taken then about continuing or discontinuing the trial.
Jim Stewart, Captain